Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Revival

No, I'm not calling this post "Revival" because I want you to go sit in a tent or a church and get right with God. Although, I do think we need a "Come to Jesus Meetin'" about how we dole out advice and take it personally when it isn't followed.

This is called "Revival" because I'm trying to breathe restoring life into this little project I started months ago and dropped. I think it has merit, and more than that, I have stuff to say and people should hear it. Self-indulgent much? Yes!

I also believe there needs to be a resurrection of honesty, simplicity, and fun in relationships. Too many of my friends and I, myself, have fallen victim to the tendency to over-analyze and need to label human interaction. Quite honestly, I'm at the point where I don't even know if I'm dating or what it even looks like. And, I'm afraid to ask. I'm tired of scrutinizing everything to get a glimmer of an indication about whether or not a guy really likes me. It's exhausting. And, the truth is, I am only that way because everyone else wants to know more than they really need to know. They want to define/categorize it. I just want to enjoy it.

So, do I tune out the friendly advice/guidance of those who mean well or am I better off on my own? I honestly can't say since I'm feeling pretty clueless. I do know most of the instruction I've been given so far has not felt natural or "me" in the slightest, even though I've been assured it WILL work. I think I just have to wing it and go with what feels right for now.

Me and Harvey, we just wanna be loved. Is that so wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment